Monday, June 9, 2008

Vacation to Nowhere



I took the week of June 1-7 off from work (week 1 of 4 vacation time) . With the price of gas so high and my hourly wage not rising with "cost of living" I stayed at home. I mean, I really stayed at home. It was sooo hot and humid all week that it almost took my breath away anytime I opened the front door. So, I watched more daytime tv than I have in years. Jerry Springer, Maurey Povich, all the court tv... the world is going to HELL IN A HANDBASKET!
I did manage to finish up 13 new paintings for the Rockabilly BBQ. I sold 20 or 21! That was a good thing! If I could do that once a week or two I'd be on permanent vacation.

2 comments:

Weith Kick said...

I'm curious if there is a theme for paintings sold at a Rockabilly BBQ.

Brian K Raynor said...

Vintage 50s: Cars, pin-ups,...; punk: skulls, etc... So I bring those sorts but I also bring other styles just in case someones house doesn't necessarilly reflect the rockabilly image.