Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Save the Wabbit





This morning as I was headed down my driveway I noticed something black wiggling alongside the drive. I stopped to find it was a little black bunny. I got out of my car to investigate. The rabbit was obviously tame. I picked it up and discovered someone had tied a thick black shoestring around it's neck -it was strangling the creature. I tossed the poor soul into my car and backed up to the house. Ran inside for scissors and with some effort was able to free the rabbit from the noose. Not sure who the idiot was that put the shoestring around the bunnies neck but that person needs a good kick in the cottontail! I put the rabbit in what serves as a dog pen when I have a dog. Depending on the rabbit's get away skills (which don't seem to be too good) I may or may not have a new pet when I get home.

2 comments:

Ich said...

Awww, rescuing that rabbit was really nice of you!
Just out of curiosity, was the rabbit still there when you came back home from work?

Brian K Raynor said...

Bunny is still there. A lovable, little creature. Stands upright and paws at my leg until I pick it up. Not sure if it's male or female but I've named it, Shoestring.