Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Fire & Water" by Brian K Raynor


Painted "Fire & Water" a few years ago. Really a spiritual painting. Trial by fire on Earth and rebirth/resurrection by the Water. The physical beauty and body of woman perishes but the beauty of the soul is triumphant in the afterlife and in the memory of those who love her.

Sold it this year at the 6th Annual Rockabilly BBQ in Charlotte, NC. I think the purchaser's name was Adkins. A big guy that looked like he probably rides a Harley and could put your lights out with one punch. The kind of guy I'd like to be but I don't have the ability to intimidate with a glance nor the muscle to back the glance up.

I actually sold 10 paintings this year at the Rockabilly BBQ. That's down by 10 or 12 from last year. We can blame the slump on the economy. Yeah, that makes me feel better. ;)

No comments: