Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Days Off

I took yesterday and the day before off - trying to use up vacation time. Well, let me just say,...it was no vacation. I spent Monday working on a family home project. Moved a Craftmatic bed from one room to another by myself. That night I was telling RWB about moving the bed and she says, "You shoulda' hollered."
"Oh I did some hollerin'," I replied. Hollerin' and trying not to cuss. My back has been hollerin' ever since Monday!

Tuesday I tried to do some Christmas shopping. I love Christmas but I'd prefer to have a wife or personal shopper to do all that picking, choosing and buying for me. So far I'm about $400 in the hole and not even close to finished. Nor am I happy with what I've bought. Last year my friend Melonie gave me permission to do what I've thought is a great idea for a long time for her and her family. Give to a charitable organization in their name. Last year I gave to World Vision in their names. I wish more people I know would give that consideration. Most of my friends and overall most of my family overall get what they want or need all during the year. Anyway,... it would make shopping much easier and MORE MEANINGFUL!

No comments: