Friday, December 5, 2008

Northerner in the South

"Let Go or Go Back" Brian K Raynor
2008

This guy from NYC is always referring to the way things are done on "the island" and how we just don't do things in the efficient manner they do up there. It's bad enough that he can respond to a "yes" or "no" question with a fifteen minute monolouge that usually is unrelated to the question and often doesn't even answer the question but then he brings the NORTH vs SOUTH aspect into it! Drives me nuts!
Today I responded with, "You need to Let Go or Go Back".
He was perplexed.
"What?"
"You're not on 'the Island' anymore so you need to let it go or go back up there!" If NYC was so great then why would he leave that "paradise" for lowly, old Charlotte? I feel that way about any part of this country or any other. I'm not going to move to NY or CA or or to Germany and blather on about how much better it is from where I came. If I moved to Hull, Beviers, Timbuktu or Slovinia I'd like it or lump or get the Heck outa there!

No comments: