Monday, March 2, 2009

CashBash 7

CashBash 7 was this past weekend in Winston-Salem, NC at The Garage. I made it out Saturday night and had intended on playing the part of "rockabilly tourist" ; taking pictures and so forth but I came unprepared. Batteries were dead in the camera. I walked down to a CVS but they closed at 6pm. Whoa! That's right 6pm and the sidewalks are all but rolled up in downtown Winston-Salem. Anyway so I got no good pics to share. Maybe I can find some that others may have posted here or there.
Hickry Hawkins was singing when I got there. I dare say but I think he may have been sober. He was doing a solo set and sounded pretty good.
Jem Crossland and the Hypertonics did a good set. Much of their usual tunes. All 3 band members were actually there!
Hearts & Daggers follwed. I'd never heard them before that night and will not go out of my way to hear them again. Their sound is just not for me. It's like a West Coast Southern Rock sound.
Tommy Ray & the Rayguns are getting a little more punkish (?) as they evolve. Unfortunately, they had some technical difficulties in the beginning of their set.
I wimped out and headed home before the last 3 bands played: Gojira X (never heard of em), Rev D'ray and the Shockers (sorry I missed em) and the Defilers (probably shoulda hung around).

No comments: