Tuesday, March 17, 2009

GREEN DAY

Happy St Patrick's Day! Not sure what that really means to me as I am neither Irish nor Catholic. I did receive a pinch today because I have no GREEN on. What's that all about anyway? I remember we did the pinch for no GREEN as children but I never knew why. St Patrick was a missionary to Ireland and I've never understood what modern day partying has to do with celebrating a "saint". All part of secularising religious holidays for pagan and nonreligious enjoyment, I suppose. Not celebrating the "saint" but instead indulging in the Irish culture. I have nothing against Catholicism, the Irish nor am I opposed to indulging, especially in good food,... ask anyone who knows me,... Irish, Jamaican, Chinese, Polish, Greek, American, Thai, German, Italian,... it's all good. :) But I'm not wearing GREEN! No more pinches, please.

No comments: