Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day

Long Weekend was a real LONG bore. I was determined to do something constructive or memorable but that didn't happen.
Friday I spent the evening in watching tv (flipping channels).
Saturday I managed to take an hour walk uptown and back. Ran into Scott Mills. He was out running. Scott was a Marine and is preparing to run a marathon in OH. His wife, Bethany, was home growing their baby and taking care of their son, Corban.
Saturday night I went out hoping a band was playing somewhere (Creative Loafing didn't offer much hope). All I found in the NoDa district of Charlotte was hippie crap. On my way home there looked to be 3 cars at Puckett's so I did't even stop. Ended the night with Chinese take-out and a rerun of SNL.
Sunday I went to a.m. service and had lunch at the Concord Hotel. Their Sunday lunch is catered by Plain or Fancy Catering. Real Good! Sunday night got together at Michael & Lisa's with Doug and Amy, Charles and Darlene and their kids. Pictures were brought out from a get together in April and July and I was thoroughly disgusted at pictures of myself. How many chins does one man need?
I watched a good movie on DVD yesterday; "Four Brothers". Guns, violence and profanity - a real feel good movie.

No comments: