Monday, September 15, 2008

Wild Turkey Sleep Over







Yesterday evening as I was heading out the door for church I was greeted by 8 WILD TURKEYS at my car. I had just woken up from a nap and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I went back in & got my camera. For wild birds they were pretty tame. I herded them around and into the old dog pen. Fed them some corn and then I went on to church. After service Doug, Amy, Jacob and Charles, Darlene, Elizabeth & Hannah and Frank & Barbara came by to see the birds. Only one was left in the pen! So I let it out and it wandered around searching for it's fellow gobblers before fluttering it's way to the roof of my house where it spent the night. I could hear the other gobblers were up on the wooded hill behind my house- not nearly as safe from vermon as the WILD TURKEY that slept over my house Sunday night!

No comments: